Sunday 18 May 2008

Piazza di Santa Maria



While exploring Trastevere, I stumbled across my favorite area in town, the Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere. Tucked away in the narrow cobble-stoned alleyways of Trastevere is a bustling piazza. Here I found great little cafés, pizzerias and gelateria’s, but the best part about the piazza is feeling completely submersed in true Italian culture.
In the middle of the piazza is a beautiful fountain. The fountain has an octagonal base with stairs that are full of people of all ages socializing. There is often some type of entertainment in the piazza. My first trip to the piazza a magician was in front of the fountain attracting the attention of many people, including mine. It is definitely a great people watching spot. I hope to gain more knowledge about the art of Italian interaction at this piazza!

No comments: