Saturday 14 June 2008

Pizzeria Da Vittoria

Pizzeria Da Vittorio, just mere steps from Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere, is rated number 5 on the top 10 pizzerias in Rome. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and we were starved so the girls and I decided we would give it a try. Outside seating was definitely a plus because we could enjoy the nice weather and the delicious food all in one. I started my meal with a croquette, which is fried potato and mozzarella, in the shape of American mozzarella sticks. They were scrumptious, fried on the outside with creamy cheesy mashed potatoes on the inside. However, like a typical American I had to open my big mouth and ask for ketchup. Of course, this evoked laughter not only from our waitress, but also form another waiter she felt the need to tell. I guess I was the joke of the restaurant today. Anyway, the pizza was very fresh and of generous proportion, but what really completed my experience of the pizzeria were the complimentary cookies that came with our check. It was a simple but thoughtful gesture at the end of a tasty meal. Pizzeria Da Vittorio is definitely a stop I suggest if you are ever in the area.

No comments: